SHIPPING & PRIVACY POLICIES
FREE SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN CANADA FOR ORDERS OVER $425.00!
LOCAL DELIVERIES ARE ONLY $5!
WATERBOX AQUARIUMS SHIP FREE!!
Currently only shipping to Canada.
Local Deliveries (Lower Mainland, BC): 2 -7 Business Days
Across Canada Deliveries: 5 – 10 Business Days
|SHIPPING COSTS – DRY GOODS (WATERBOX AQUARIUMS SHIP FREE)
|LOWER MAINLAND, BC||$5||FREE|
|BC INTERIOR/VANCOUVER ISLAND||$16.99||FREE|
|AB, SK, MB||$16.99||FREE|
|SHIPPING COSTS – LIVE GOODS
|LOWER MAINLAND, BC||$5||$5||FREE|
|BC INTERIOR/VANCOUVER ISLAND||$70||$40||FREE|
|AB, SK, MB||$70||$40||FREE|
The above listed prices do not include taxes.
- Dry goods and/or equipment are considered separate shipments and cannot be combined as part of the dollar value above.
- We reserve the right to limit this promotion to those airports that are directly serviced by the above airlines (no interlines).
- At this time we are not able to offer livestock shipping to the Yukon, Northwest Territories, or Nunavut.
- If there is room in the box for a small dry good item, we will be more than happy to pack it. We will not however be able to ship several dry good items with a livestock shipment. They will have to be sent as a separate dry good order. We reserve the right to determine what we can fit.
Live goods are generally shipped via airline or courier unless otherwise specified. When shipping by airline, we ship guaranteed freight, this allows us to choose the flight the animals will be on and advise you the arrival time. In addition, we request that all live goods be held in a heated warehouse prior to you receiving them, and that they are shipped in a heated compartment of the airplane.
- We always make our best effort to ship your order via the carrier chosen during the check-out process; however, for some multi-piece shipments and/or remote destinations, we must reserve the right to use another carrier at our discretion (and without prior notice). If you require notice of any changes made to the carrier, please mention it in the special instructions during check-out.
- Upon request, we will ship your dry goods as per your specifications (courier, airlines, on your account, etc.).
- Dry goods are shipped with full insurance according to the carriers policy. Insurance will be added to all orders at a cost of 1% for the total order value.
- Quoted rates are the carriers live discounted shipping rates after adjusting for any/all shipping promotions.
Aquarium Livestock Guarantee
- Shiny Fish Ltd. guarantees that your live goods order will arrive to you alive. In addition, we guarantee that all livestock purchased from us will remain alive for a 24 hour period after arrival. In order to qualify for coverage, we require the following:
- A clear photograph of the animal in the bag before it is opened for acclimation. We recommend taking photographs of all animals before beginning acclimation.
- Your livestock is properly acclimated to your tank in a timely manner (within 4 hours) upon receipt.
- You must notify Shiny Fish Ltd. within 24 hours of delivery by email or telephone. If this takes place on a holiday, the time stamp on the voicemail or email will be used as the time of receipt.
- The best way to notify us of an issue is by email. The email includes a time stamp that will be used to verify coverage is still active, and it’s also the easiest way to send us a photograph of the deceased animal.
- In the event the animal dies between acclimation and 24 hours after arrival, we require a photograph of the deceased animal on a piece of paper. (We do not accept photographs of the fish in a net or stuck in rockwork).
- Incorrect addresses provided for courier shipment void any livestock guarantee.
- Not being available for courier delivery on the first attempt voids any livestock guarantee.
- A Shiny Fish Ltd. in house credit will be given for the price of the livestock returned to Shiny Fish Ltd. (credit does not include any original box, packaging or shipping charges). If a replacement is requested, the customer is responsible for any/all box, packaging and shipping expenses incurred for shipping the replacement animal.
- Shiny Fish Ltd. livestock guarantee does not pertain to replacement animals, special order animals, or animals that were noted that the guarantee does not apply to.
- The above only applies to orders that are shipped via Air Cargo Guaranteed Service, and UPS Express.
- In order for the guarantee to be valid, all of the above conditions must be met.
- Please note that Shiny Fish Ltd. will accept no returns/exchanges on livestock.
- In the event of an order cancellation on live goods (excluding live rock), Shiny Fish Ltd. reserves the right to charge a non-refundable 30% re-stocking charge. Live goods that are specially ordered are non-refundable.
- Credit for any livestock will be given as an account credit to be used within six months of date of issue.
- Animals that are not covered by the guarantee: All Echinoderms (Starfish, Urchins, etc.), Cephalopods, Cucumbers and Nudibranchs: Shiny Fish Ltd. will take every measure to ensure that your animal arrives in a healthy condition. However, due to the extremely delicate nature of these animals, the livestock guarantee does not apply. Certain restrictions apply on select fish as well.
Aquarium Equipment Returns
- All returns and/or exchanges must be made within 7 days of receipt of product.
- Products may only be returned unused, and in original unopened packaging.
- Shiny Fish Ltd. reserves the right to charge a non-refundable 20% restocking charge for any/all returned merchandise (excluding exchanges).
- Shiny Fish Ltd. will not be responsible for return shipping charges. Original shipping charges are non-refundable. If the item was originally shipped under our free shipping policy, the cost of doing so will be removed from the credit. Before returning/exchanging any goods, we require that you authorize your return with Shiny Fish Ltd. Any items returned without our authorization will be declined.
- In the event that your order is damaged by the carrier, a claim will be filed with the carrier company. Upon approval of the claim by the carrier, your original order will be re-shipped to you at no additional cost. If you wish to return the damaged goods for a refund or credit, the 20% restocking charge will be applied. Shiny Fish Ltd. will not be held responsible for any/all shipping delays that may occur from time to time.
- Special order & sale items are not returnable under any circumstances.
- Dry Good Order cancellations may also be subject to a 20% restocking charge.
- Account credits are non-transferable and have no cash value.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 103 – 14770 64th Avenue, Surrey, BC, V3S 1X7, Canada.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|